Summer months are a break from our regular pace of life and ministry. Some of our Bible studies continue, but we tend to welcome more visitors and do some special projects. This month we decided to share some things on our hearts for you to pray about.
First, pray for the Cofan church leaders. In the village of Sinangue pray for Ramon, Bautista and the other young men who serve in the church there. For the village of Dovuno who has individuals with a hunger for God’s Word but no church has been planted in yet. For Dureno who has had a church planted for a long time, but is struggling. Their leaders are Leoncio and Wilson. Pray for the village of Zabalo and Iter and his family who desire to serve there. They need a lot of encouragement. Ron has been able to visit ALL of those villages so far this year and we hope he can visit them all many times more.
We have contact with many people here in Ecuador. Some are expats from the States and some of these people don’t know the Lord. Pray our lives may be a testimony for Christ as we share God’s love in many different ways.
We have another young man inquiring about doing an internship down here either later this year or early next year. Pray for wisdom for us in this.
In early July we have a family coming down to visit that have been long time friends. They mostly want to see some places in Ecuador they knew long ago and show them to their grand-kids, but we pray that opportunities may come about that we can share Christ with others during our travels around about Ecuador.
Ron and I have an opportunity to serve in a country in Europe in August for two weeks. It is at a conference for workers from sensitive countries. We will be helping with the children while the parents can sit in sessions of training and encouragement. Pray we will be a blessing to those we serve. We celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in September, so this trip is a new adventure for us to celebrate a life shared in many interesting and shared experiences. We plan to stay a few extra days to do a little sightseeing.
Continue praying about the bilingual Cofan/Spanish New Testament. We have made all the right contacts for it to come together, so are waiting on God’s timing for the printing.
Pray for our children scattered around:
- For our daughter Lydia who teaches missionary children in Mexico. She is presently in the States on break visiting family, and trying to raise a little more support, but returns in late August.
- Son Ethan and daughter-in-law Leanne who are adjusting back to the States near Spokane, WA after some months in the Congo.
- For daughter Sarah and son Aaron as they work at Phantom Ranch Bible Camp in Wisconsin this summer and return to Ecuador in August.
- Pray for Julia as she gets readjusted to the States after a semester in England studying at Capernwray. She is staying with her uncle’s family in Michigan right now and looking for a job.
- Pray for Isaac as he works at camp and on campus this summer and looks forward to starting his sophomore year at Pensacola Christian College in Florida.